Home + Cabin + River front + 13 Acres Close To Launceston
This landmark property is on offer in the picturesque, rural suburb of Nunamara, just 15 minutes east of Launceston, in North East Tasmania. If homes could speak this historic home (Circa. 1880.) would have lots of stories to tell, having been a hotel and residence, a post office and once a school.
This renovated home retaining the split paling external cladding was, originally a hotel and shop, offers a different floor plan to the usual 4 bedroom 2.5 bathroom home. The plan shows 3 of the 4 open living areas conveniently positioned down the middle for good flow, and the bedrooms and bathrooms are also located off the spacious living areas. The new modern kitchen with quality appliances including Franke sink and extendable Franke kitchen tap, and a glorious 90cm dual oven to bring out the country cook . The spacious kitchen leads onto another large cosy living area with double-glazed windows and wood fire with sky light to let the glorious sunshine in. Wrapped sunroom on the Eastern side of the house lead off from the bedroom, kitchen and living, providing views of Mt Barrow.
A number of entertainment areas are provided by a newly constructed enclosed deck, exterior fire pits and a standalone powder room, bbq area with power. A large 9 x 6m powered shed with skillion for 2 cars plus another large carport incorporating 2 x 20ft storage containers and added skillion.
It doesn’t stop there you also have a terrific council approved & Airbnb registered 1 bedroom cabin with large bathroom and carport. with carport. Perfect for the extended family, visitors or temporary rental accommodation.
And to top this fabulous home you have 13 acres of paddocks for your animals plus some bush for wildlife, an established track to your river frontage on the St Patrick river so you can fish while having family bbq.
The present owners have put a lot of time and love over recent years converting this historic property both internally and externally into a modern functional open plan home that where you look there is change. Now you can consider putting your own stamp on the property.
This property has everything, plenty of land for that rural enjoyment, water frontage to go fishing & swim, dual living with a large 4 bedroom home and 1 bedroom dwelling plus plenty of storage and sheds, all within 12kms of public and private schools and so close to Launceston.
Call Gerald or Corinne today for an inspection.
Just some features of this property:
• Positioned on 5.29 hectares – 13 acres with St Patrick river frontage
• Dual living with large 4 bedrooms home + 1 bedroom cabin
• Original features retained with timber flooring & 10ft ceilings
• 2.5 bathrooms conveniently located
• 4 living areas & 4 enclosed sunrooms
• New modern kitchen now open plan
• 3 quality wood heaters and heat pumps- source your own firewood
• Roof repainted, chimneys resealed and full internal & external painting
• 3 x 5000 gallon tanks
• Shack is a registered Airbnb, 10ft ceilings & timber flooring throughout
• Large workshop and shed plus 2 x containers used as a garage
• Yard & paddocks fully fenced with sheep presently in paddocks
• Established vehicle track leading down to flat water frontage of St Patricks River for trout fishing
• Potential DA for a business to be run from front room with external door
• Original functioning Front Street Light
Roberts Real Estate have obtained all information in this document from sources considered to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy.
Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations. All measurements are approximate.
- 5 bed
- 2 bath
- 4 Parking Spaces
- Land is 5.29 hectare
- Floor Area is 243 m²
- 3 Toilet
- 4 Garage